Documentary on the writer Agatha Christie will be available for free until the day 31 March
To celebrate International Women's day, concluded in 8 March, the Philos prepared a TOP 10 with productions available to channel subscribers who speak about some women that epoch, as the Mexican painter Frida Kahlo and singer/songwriter Nina Simone. Also to celebrate the date, the Philos will make available for free the documentary ' perspectives: The mystery of Agatha Christie with David Suchet "until the day 31 March. The Philos – canal on demand Globosat-brings together documentaries on art, Science, history, updates, music, peoples and cultures; debates and interviews; and dance shows and music.
- The House of Frida Kahlo – Documentary that presents to the public the home of Frida Kahlo, haven of great artists and intellectuals in the 30, as Diego Rivera, Leon Trotsk, André Breton, Sergei Eisenstein, Pablo Neruda, Waldo Frank, Pablo Picasso and Marcel Duchamp, among others.
- Nina Simone: Live At Montreux – Spectacle that brings together performances by American singer at the Festival of Montreux between 1968 and 1990.
- Marina Abramovic: This Artist- Documentary that accompanies the preparation of Serbian artist in the retrospective of his work on display at MoMA-Museum of modern art in New York.
- In Focus – Margaret Thatcher – Series featuring renowned photographers of Magnum, a lendária agência francesa fundada em 1947. In this episode, the audience hears the story of one of the most emblematic pictures of Margaret Thatcher, taken during the Congress of the conservative party, on 1981, by photographer Peter Marlow.
- A life in the movies – Emma Thompson – Award-winning British actress and screenwriter, Emma Thompson recalls his most significant roles in an interview with journalist Boyd Hilton.
- A life in the movies-Helen Mirren – Interviewed by Francine Stock, Helen Mirren makes a retrospective on his career, favorite roles, experiences in Hollywood and what motivates you as an actress. Mirren won an Oscar, four BAFTA, four Emmys and two best actress awards at the Festival de Cannes.
- Perspectives: The mystery of Agatha Christie with David Suchet- Documentary presents the history of the British novelist who published more than 80 books and is considered the most successful writer in the history of popular literature in the world in total number of books sold.
- Etta James and The Roots Band in Montreux- Production that features the exciting spectacle of American artist at the Montreux Jazz Festival 1993.
- Marie Curie, Beyond the myth- Documentary that traces the profile of woman pioneer in the study of radioactivity and considered one of the great names of physics and Chemistry.
- Giselle- Assembly of the Royal Ballet that has transformed the world of dance when it was first presented in Paris, on 1841, and still remains at the center of the classical repertoire. The discovery of love Giselle to his downfall to the madness, the story brings together human passions, supernatural forces and the transcendent power of love waived.
About the Philos
Created by Globosat, the Philos is not a traditional channel. With a vast collection that brings together the best documentaries and unforgettable shows, Philos is available in the subscription video on demand (SVOD), where the viewer chooses the time and the content you want to watch, as many times as you want, by means of a signature. With high quality productions, Philos brings together documentaries on art, Science, history, updates, music, peoples and cultures; debates and interviews; and dance shows and music-all in high definition (HD). To access the Philos, It is necessary to hire the service through a pay TV operator that offers the package (GVT, NET and ALIVE, R$ 19,90 monthly) or by Globo.com (R$ 21,90 monthly), that gives you access to the entire collection. The content can be watched on TV (using the decoder of the operator), on the computer – the site www.philos.tv -or apps for iPhones, ipads and Android devices.