The Archconfraternity of Nossa Senhora da Conceição in Niterói, always looking for innovation and prominence, launched this month, through the Catholic system, the mobile application “Immaculada Conceição de Niterói”. The idea is to bring the community of the Immaculate Conception of Niterói always closer to the information in the Chapel. The Chapel, on 17 August, completes the jubilee of 350 years and the anniversary will be celebrated the next day 8 January, às 10h, with a special mass.
The application is available in application stores compatible with Android systems, IOS e Iphone. The system contains the liturgy of the day, mass schedules, news and even space to leave messages.
“We are a small chapel, meanwhile in 2021 we will complete 350 years of history. A rich history, where faith always takes us forward! The launch of the app is a milestone for us and a huge happiness! Archiconfraria Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Niterói, Search, constantly, bring the Chapel closer to the community. And, we hope that, in 2021, get volunteers to, together with us, keep the Nossa Senhora da Conceição Chapel in Niterói alive ”, celebrated Prior Luiz Gonzaga.
In 2021, including, a book will be released on the entire history of the Chapel. The work is being prepared by the architect, historian specialized in historical heritage and Counselor of the State Council for the Tipping of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Renata Aymoré Gama.
The Nossa Senhora da Conceição Church of Niterói is located at Rua da Conceição, 216 in the Center of Niterói and parking is at Niterói Shopping. In 17 August 1671 in the small chapel of São Domingos the writing of the church of Nossa Senhora da Conceição in Niterói.
Historical and religious icon of the city of Niterói, the Nossa Senhora da Conceição church in Niterói started to be built in 1663, by the devotee Affonso Corrêa de Pina, with alms from the population, on a site offered by the heirs of Martim Afonso de Souza, “ARARIBÓIA”. In 17 August 1671 in the small chapel of São Domingos the writing of the church of Nossa Senhora da Conceição in Niterói. From this date, the Brotherhood of Nossa Senhora da Conceição was formed, who manages your assets, up to the present day. In 1770, the small chapel was demolished and a new church was built. In 1850, by provision of the Bishop of Rio de Janeiro D. Manoel do Monte Rodrigues de Araújo (Count of Irajá), the Brotherhood was elevated with the title of Confraternity of Our Lady of the Conception of the Imperial City of Nictheroy, entitled to use habit. With the elevation of the Bishopric of Niterói to the Archbishopric, the Brotherhood was elevated with the title of Archiconfraria of Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Niterói, in 24 January 1964, by decree signed by D. Antonio de Almeida Morais Junior.