Confectioner chef Flávio Duarte teaches how to make delicacies to serve, have fun and delight; option for breakfast, afternoon snack or to give a gift to a loved one
The arrival of Carnival brings us to another great celebration: Easter. So that now, beyond the chocolate eggs, the christian feast can also be delightfully surprising for other gastronomic delicacies, like sweet rolls, who, in bunny shapes, make the recipe even more special.
“It is an easy option, versatile and fun that can be done with children. The idea is to serve it for breakfast, in the afternoon snack or give a gift to someone dear ”, says pastry chef Flávio Duarte.
Learn how to make Bunny Breads!
4 cups of carrots cut into slices
1 cup of warm water
2 tablespoons of dry biological yeast
3/4 of oil cup
1/2 Cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
2 teaspoons of salt
8 1/2 cups of wheat flour
- In a pot with water, cook the carrot until tender.
- Drain the water and beat the carrot in a blender or in a processor until pureed. Still in blender or processor, add the eggs and 1/2 cup of water, beating until the puree is very creamy.
- In a large bowl, put the dry yeast and the rest of the water, stirring until the yeast completely dissolves. Then pour in the carrot puree and then, add oil, sugar, mel, salt and 5 cups of flour, mixing and kneading with your hands.
- Add more flour as needed until you get a smooth and smooth dough. Sprinkle your countertop with a little flour and knead the dough for 6 to 8 minutes, so that it gets a little bit of elasticity. Then, place the dough in a large bowl lightly oiled, cover with a damp cloth or plastic film and let stand for about 1 hour, to double in size.
- Divide the dough into small balls. Place the dumplings on a baking sheet greased with oil or spray to coat and cover again with a damp cloth or plastic wrap, letting it rest for more 1 hour.
Preparation mode – Tip
- It is important not to leave a dumpling too close to another, because they will double in size at this stage.
- Last 1 hour, your rolls are ready to bake.
- To make the bunny bread, like the photo, take scissors and pinch the dough making the ears.
- Then, using a barbecue stick make the eyes, squeezing the dough.
- Take the rolls to bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.