Met Vilma, in 2014 in a exhibition of which she was a curator in the Pub culture in São Paulo/SP, where participating artists, I was delighted with his works, and then even more when he learned of his work the social project "series of Chests and Ball" (Learn more below) a wonderful project that deserves to be publicized and supported.
Vilma Kano is self-taught, He began his career in the graphic arts in 2001 in the renowned and today (Unfortunately) defunct Jornal da Tarde, the result of a Design Contest. Parallel, the fine arts marked presence in the life of the shy paulistana, but in 2012 finally came his first series of works of art. Based on their experience with breast cancer. The artist explores the story in search of a synthesis. Your tools are basically paper and stylus. With carved precise winding, Harmonic compositions and careful, the artist develops a unique aesthetic, where it is possible to identify their schools: modernism, constructivism and minimalism.
- 2015 -Solo exhibition – CPTM Scars Luz station;
- 2014 -Solo Exhibition Amî Gallery-Vila Madalena-SP – Série de Peito Aberto e Godê;
2014 – Collective Exhibition Pub Culture – Wanton Brewery Gardens;
- 2014 -Solo exhibition in the National Assembly-SP – Série de Peito Aberto e Godê;
2013 -Solo Exhibition House Mistura Fina-Vila Madalena, São Paulo – SP – Series of Chests and water pan with Rain of pink Balloons in honor of the victims of breast cancer, relatives and friends;
- 2013 – Senior citizens – Casa Cultural Workshop of Luis Sacilloto Look-Santo André – SP;
- 2013 -Solo exhibition – Home of the Luis Sacilloto-Santo André-SP – Série de Peito Aberto e Godê;
- 2013 -Group Exhibition-Female, for them and for them – Entrecores Space Gallery – SP;
- 2007 – Project of corporate diversity primer Itaú Cultural;
- 2002 -Graphic design of the book a look at Brazilian Design with Joice Joppert Leal;
- 2000 to 2001 – Us design 500 Years – exhibition Object Brazil Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo and Luz Park- São Paulo – SP;
- 1995 to 1998 -volunteer in arts workshop for children in orphanages of Cotia – SP.
Covers design – Moema Cavalcanti, 2007 – 2007;
Art History – Silvio Ulhôa, 2006 – 2006;
- Panamericana Escola de Arte e Design
Artistic Drawing- 1998;
Visual Communication – 1999;
Graphic Design – 2000.
- Jornal da Tarde – Internship 2001 Design and Illustration. Second Prize of Five magazine graphic design Contest. Acknowledgements: Ary Schneider (The State of São Paulo) and Murilo Felisberto “in memoriam” (Jornal da Tarde);
- Honorable mention in Artísitico Drawing – Panamericana School of art and Design 1998.
Artworks by Vilma Kano:
– Vilma, tell us about your project series of Chests and water Pan:
Emotions to the surface extravasadas for art. After diagnosis of breast cancer, with 90% chance of repeat offenders and in race against time in order to avoid a probable metastasis. It was during this period of choices and uncertainties born series of Chests and water Pan, a humorous artistic who struggle with balance, force and force against this disease and the evils that she accompanies…
Art Director turned what could be a nightmare into art.
With inspirations in kirigami, his works are rooted in a groundbreaking result NIP from different schools, passing including by constructivism. Are your scars with breast cancer.
Now a new challenge: reverse the high rate of death from breast cancer. Subject so full of myths and misconceptions, that makes it one of the two major causes of death of women in Brazil.
By Vilma Facebook fanpage Kano Atelier, the project demystifies the cancer, the information posted are carefully plucked from trusted sources. In this way the number of Chests and Ball draws attention to this subject and alert to the dangers of a lack of good sources of information, because the myths are one of the major obstacles to spare the life of Brazil. According to research, women don't make mammography because they don't belong to the risk group, believe that it is a hereditary problem. But actually, only 5% to 10% of breast cancer cases are hereditary. We must inform and encourage women to do routine exams. This is one of the goals of the campaign in a series of Chests and water Pan.
Part of the proceeds from the sale of works from the series of Chests and water pan is donated to cancer patients in treatment at SUS.
1th donation in 13/07/2014:
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set = a. 752406871493964.1073741836.454376537963667&type=3
2th donation in 24/10/2014:
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set = a. 823012414433409.1073741837.454376537963667&type=3