Put on your agenda the most important design events to visit in 2023
Design and architecture festivals reach hundreds of capitals around the world, in their multiple approaches, they value creative people and set the course for world design.
Founded 60 years, the Milan fair since its inception has become the most important global symbol of design, other countries followed in their footsteps and today we see design weeks in the most important world capitals such as Amsterdam, London and Paris, for example.
In Brazil it happens, in March, the largest and most prestigious Design Week in Latin America – the DW! Sao Paulo Design Week that in 2023 reaches its 12th edition.
A DW! Brazil edition brings together creatives and design specialists in a cultural showcase that moves the country. In 2022 were done 215 events in 118 city locations. In its 12th edition, which takes place from 11 to 19 March 2023 the expectation is to receive an audience greater than 50 thousand people.
For additional inspiration, how about a trip around the world on the main dates of design events? During these weeks cities are taken over by creatives and brands that occupy public spaces, big houses, buildings, shops, hotels, shopping malls, museums, universities and iconic sites. in them are performed: lectures, Guided visits, exhibitions, facilities, artistic and urban interventions, seminars, trade fairs, awards, parties and product launches.
Laura Andrade, founder of DW! Brasileira, points out that “the festivals and creative weeks, beyond its purpose, are still excellent tourist programs, offering alternative attractions to the traditional agenda of the places that receive them”.
1. Amsterdam Light Festival – The Amsterdam Light Festival is on display from December 1st, 2022 and continues until January of next year. During winter in Dutch town, the center of amsterdam is the stage for a journey with 20 artistic works under the theme “Imagine Beyond”. The luminous arts will be installed along the canals and can be enjoyed on foot or by boat between 5 pm and 11 pm, including on New Year's Eve. amsterdamlightfestival.com
2. Stockholm Design Week – To Stockholm Design Week, in Sweden, will be held from 06 to 12 February 2023. some news from 2023 are the City Activations, with programs that offer visits to studios, Interesting buildings and residences. Also worth keeping an eye out for are virtual showings via @SwedishDesignMovement with design professionals, architecture and fashion investigating sustainability proposal through good design. – stockholmdesignweek.com
3. DW! Sao Paulo Design Week – In 2023, the urban design festival takes place from 11 to 19 March, opening the calendar of design and architecture events in Brazil. for nine days, shops, galleries, museums, shopping malls, educational institutions, ateliers and hundreds of other locations in the city of São Paulo prepare actions in different formats: exhibitions, facilities, lectures, tours, talks, seminars and other activities. Block your schedule and get ready to live days full of inspiration, Networking, content, experiences and business. – designweekend.com.br
4. Milano Design Week – Parallel to the Salone del Mobile in Milan, FuoriSalone will take place from 17 to 23 April 2023. Brera, Tortona area, Isola District are some of the districts that host events. More than a thousand brands promote launches, talks, art and design exhibitions, facilities and other attractions during festival days, that make Milan even more alive and contagious. -fuorisalone.it
5. NYCxDesign – New York Design Week reaches its 11th edition, which takes place from 18 to 25 May 2023. The festival became known for group exhibitions distributed throughout the city and, and often, independently organized in “invisible” and exclusive locations. – festival.nycxdesign.org
6. London Festival of Architecture – Celebration of architecture and construction of the city takes place, which takes place every June in London, in 2023 from 1 to 30 of June – With the mission of opening discussions about architecture, new ideas and discovered to promote new talents. – londonfestivalofarchitecture.org
7. Venice Architecture BiennaleFrom 20 of May to 26 th November of 2023, the 18th International Architecture Exhibition will occupy the spaces of the Giardini, Arsenale and other places in Venice. Entitled The Laboratory of the Future, the exhibition was announced today by the president of the Biennale di Venezia, Roberto Cicutto, and by the curator of the exhibition, Lesley Lokko. – labiennale.org
Sign up to receive Decor News first!
8. Paris Design Week e Maison&ObjetIn September 2011, at House&Objet took on the challenge of imagining an event that could share the energy of its halls and offerings with the general public.. in your wake, Paris Design Week was born. A festive and unifying meeting that flies the flag of the art of living and in which the whole city reveals its innumerable talents. – maison-objet.com
9. Dubai Design Week, which takes place in November connects individuals and companies through facilities, exhibitions and general experimental media. The annual event is one of the region's most important cultural occasions and reaffirms Dubai's commitment to design.. – dubaidesignweek.ae
10. Design Miami, Art Basel e Miami Art Week, what happens in december gathers the world's leading art institutions. The galleries also contribute to this vibrant program. Discover more about the arts organizations that celebrate Miami's diversity. – artbasel.com
12ª DW! Sao Paulo Design Week
11 to 19 March 2023