Back to the past, style is accompanied by the desire for a more cozy home, full of stories and meanings
Those who want an elegant home full of memories will be enchanted by the new decoration trend.. The “modern retro” mixes current elements with old items and objects that awaken good feelings and nostalgia. Eclectic, full of personality and affectionate memories, these environments match plants, geometric patterns, wallpapers and furniture from designers consecrated.
The trend is accompanied by the desire for a more cozy home and greater appreciation of contact with nature. The idea gained strength with the pandemic, especially for the awakening of feelings. Missing and remembering real experiences and what they mean is what is behind the resumption of the style.
According to the architect of the A.Yoshii Group, Ana Paula Pimentel, styles always find a way to return. “You know that old family armchair or piece of furniture, with sentimental value? Can be reshaped to differentiate an environment. If you don't have such an item, you can certainly count on a professional who will find and customize a piece to compose your home”, notes.
Betting on retro style is, at the same time, simple and sophisticated. “It is important to differentiate the vintage from retro. The first is something truly ancient and has, at least, 20 years of existence. Retro, on the other hand, is defined by something new with an old look and inspired by past decades.. In this case, We say that furniture is a rereading and reinterpretation of the past”, explains Anna Paula.
Broadly, the curation of these environments involves a mixture of contemporary elements with affective pieces that have been passed down from generation to generation. “The purpose of this trend is to recall the aesthetics of the past, matching furniture that may have been salvaged or restored, imprinting a soft and nostalgic personality to the environment”, details the architect. In addition, the space has a more sober air, classic and bucolic. “The classic prints, aged tones, wooden furniture and objects found in antique shops are part of these characteristics”, complements.
In addition to indoor environments
If, on the one hand, the intimacy of the modern retro style is making indoor environments increasingly cozy and unique, the new architectural projects of the developments also follow this guideline. Oh Noah, in Maringá, it is ethereal, with exclusive views of Barigui Park, in Curitiba (PR), both of Group A.Yoshii, are some examples of constructions with curvilinear and organic aesthetics.
The organic forms on the facades of buildings are trends in the architecture of 2023. Before, I forms are rare, rigid and industrial were synonymous with sophistication, but, now, the movement is back, providing lighter and fluid environments. “Organic forms suggest flexibility and movement. In the practice of architecture, these shapes are applied with natural coatings, colors reminiscent of nature and curved lines, remembering the decades of 1960 and 1970. It's very interesting how the design curved, with softer and rounded shapes, both furniture and structures, came back with such force”, comments the architect.
as a source of inspiration, A.Yoshii's latest release in song city, Maringá, Noah prioritizes a curvy and fluid façade. Me about Ethereum, located in the capital of Paraná, It also stands out for its organic and smooth façade., referring to the natural landscape of Barigui Park.
Check out some tips for classic items that can compose more dynamic and classic environments, which are trends for 2023:
- Items like old phones, lamps, clocks, vintage typewriters and cameras lend an air vintage to your decoration. If you can't find truly ancient items, the retro style reinterprets these pieces with a new look. Mirrors with organic shapes bring a sense of movement and are on the rise.
- It can be said that the choice of sofa makes all the difference in a retro decor.. Tufted upholstery, such as Louis XV or Provençal models, can be combined with rounded upholstered armchairs or even puffs modern and neutral.
- Rounded structures like arches and corners are a hallmark of organic architecture. In addition to being focal points of interest and personality, help with the volumetry of environments.
- The woodwork of the environment can contribute to the retro air. Pieces with carved notches, panels with sharp angles and rounded shapes, models with stick feet and worked handles are references of this style.
- the rugs, on the other hand, are creative and versatile ways to give personality to environments. In this decoration style, it is the vibrant colors and prints with geometric patterns or with an eccentric effect that draw attention..
- Neutral colors and proper lighting are important. To maintain the delicacy of the style, the retro style prioritizes pastel and neutral tones like beige, burnt rose, light gray and brown. Lighting should be warm and indirect, avoiding too artificial and cold white lamps.
“The use of authentic pieces full of personality can be combined with a contemporary proposal. It is important to balance this decoration to compose a sophisticated environment full of memory, avoiding spaces that are too dated or thematic”, finalizes the architect.
Sign up to receive Decor News first!
Envelope or Group A.Yoshii
Founded in 1965, the A.Yoshii Group has already built more than 2 million m² from the South to the Northeast of Brazil, between industrial works, corporate and residential buildings, schools, universities, theaters and sports centers.
It is composed of A.Yoshii Incorporação, with solid performance in the construction of high-end residential and commercial buildings in Londrina, Maringá, Curitiba and Campinas; by Yticon Construction and Incorporation, that carries out economic ventures, located in regions of potential appreciation in municipalities of Paraná and interior of São Paulo; pelo Instituto A.Yoshii, aimed at social inclusion and cultural democratization; and works in Corporate Works, serving large corporations in their industrial plants, in different sectors of the economy, like paper and cellulose, food, chemical, agribusiness, energy, as well as sugar and alcohol plants, logistics centers, automobile plants, among others.
More info: www.ayoshiiengenharia.com.br.