The great wall of China
I love you, o late sad, o late augusta, who, between
The first flashes of the stars, in the womb,
Under the veils of mystery and shadow in the dew.
Bring the throb, as a result of the fall,
The night, soul nurturer of lust and sleeping,
Perpetuation of life and initiation of nowhere…
(BILAC, 1997, p. 61)
One of the wonders of the world, to Great wall of China It is also a work of art and architecture. Its construction began around 220 B.C.. and lasted for more than 1500 years, going through several dynasties and using manpower, workers, slaves, soldiers and peasants. With more than 7 1000 km long, its structure was made in several steps, in keeping with the rugged relief and with the different materials available in each region. In its vast expanse, were made for surveillance towers, doors and strong, in order to protect China from raids. Currently, the great wall is a Unesco World Heritage site and is the symbol of China.
This construct is an inspirational work of art, just beautiful, by itself, but I can imagine this greatness, in the midst of a sunset. I chose so Orange, between the colors in the afternoon, and did my interpretation of the wall, in drawing form, painting just with the pencil Brown, stylized medium. Basis weight 140, with A4 size, with texture, my role was already part of the scene, with the color of a sunset.
Taking as a starting point the Tower, in the air, my scene went down winding walls and staircases, as if to accompany the rises and falls of the mountains of the region. For this, It took some studies of vanishing point, straight and curved, with and without stairs, in separate sheet, What helped in the production of the work. There are still, on the wall, staircases and walls with different thicknesses, by virtue of its own construction, at different times and with diverse materials. A vanishing point, here, applied correctly when drawing, that's what provided the final effect of volume. The thickness of the walls must also accompany the prospect, and decrease towards the vanishing point.
For the walls and the Tower stayed with old aspect, I sought to reinforce with brown color, in the corners, in the upper and lower parts alternately, bringing naturalness to the scene. To get the effect of a little overcast sky, I worked with a slight darkening at the bottom of the clouds. The bushes and the trees around the Walls were made of very simple, with short risk, from bottom to top, imitating leaves and trunks of trees.
And the look is lost amid the maze of walkways and stairs of one of the great works that the human being built. Maybe one day I can visit the great wall, but until that occurs, the art takes me to her.
We will try to reproduce the great wall, with different colors?
Check out the video of the production of the great wall:
Liked? Leave a comment!
You might also like:
- Design – Artistic Production, Step by step 9 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
- Design – Artistic Production, Step by step 8 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
- Design – Artistic Production, Step by step 7 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
- Design – Artistic Production, Step by step 6 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
- Drawing and Painting – The Abstract, Step by step 5 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
- Drawing – Movement, Step by step 4 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
- Drawing – Study of Colors, Step by step 3 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
- Drawing – Study of Light and Shadow, Step by step 2 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
- Drawing – Study of Perspective, Step by step 1 of how to draw by Rosângela Vig
Articles about the Art History of Rosângela Vig:
- Rococo by Rosângela Vig
- How appears the Surreal Work by Rosângela Vig
- The Baroque in Brazil by Rosângela Vig
- Baroque by Rosângela Vig
- Mannerism by Rosângela Vig
- Flemish Art – Renaissance in Northern Europe by Rosângela Vig
- Renaissance by Rosângela Vig
- The Contemporary, A little about the Urban Art by Rosângela Vig
- The Naive Art – Ingénue Art by Rosângela Vig
- Middle Ages, Byzantine Art by Rosângela Vig
- Middle Ages, Romanesque Art and Gothic Art by Rosângela Vig
- The Roman Art by Rosângela Vig
- Greek Art, Art History in Ancient Greece by Rosângela Vig
- The Egyptian Art by Rosângela Vig
- The Prehistoric Art by Rosângela Vig
- The beauty Art and the sublime Art by Rosângela Vig
- The Game of Art by Rosângela Vig
- The Misunderstood Art by Rosângela Vig
BILAC, Olavo. Antologia Poética. Porto Alegre: L&PM Editores, 1997.
Fig. 1 – Ready drawing of the great wall, Rosângela Vig.
Fig. 2 – Training of vanishing point of the great wall, with straight wall, Rosângela Vig.
Fig. 3 – The Great Wall, painted design, Rosângela Vig.
Fig. 4 – The Great Wall, painted design, Re-reading, Rosângela Vig.